Friday, September 25, 2009

No Hope, No Love, No Glory, No Happy Ending.

Mika's music is fabulous! Seriously, his lyrics are so heartfelt and easy to relate to. Onto the blog, I was lazy and super busy so I skipped a day of posting. Of course, I skip the day after my wonderful Communications Theory course. That is probably the most satisfying course in the history of courses. In essence, our book Speaking Into the Air describes effective communications as impossible. Peters, explains that miscommunication is actually essential to communication. When you think about it he is absolutely correct if we all could communicate perfectly we would have no real reason to communicate, because we would already understand one another. I just find this program to be so fascinating. Every time I'm able to express myself intellectually I enjoy it. I feel as though thinking has become "illegal" in this day and age. People seem so consumed with their materialistic things and getting on top that they have forgotten what a wonderful thing the mind and literature is. Topics of discussion for us girls whilst going out is not the meaning of life, but of boys and our problems. When out with my guy friends they seem consumed with talking about generally the same thing. It's a sad thing to be looked at as though I'm an idiot for wanting to discuss more deep, complex topics (there's an oxymoron for you!).

In other news, things seem to have been shaping up for me. I'm not going to jinx myself, because I still am not sure if I have obtained the opportunities that have been presented to me. I feel privileged to even have been presented with such wonderful opportunities lately and it has caused me to have a more optimistic view on life in general. I've realized that despite my loneliness at times that I don't really feel lost without someone. In the past, I have always seemed to want someone and felt as though things would be drastically better if I had that "ideal" love. However, I am seeing how wonderful life can be and that despite my past insecurities I am able to obtain so much alone. I don't need that reassurance of how wonderful I am, because I know that I am. I work hard to achieve what I want to and I know once this economies bad cycle is done that I will prosper so much. Possibilities are endless despite how limited one may feel. You can essentially do whatever you want if you work hard enough at it. I hope to do more than just be a professor and write research. I want to do things to better this world and intend to accomplish all of my goals.

This semester has also lacked procrastination thus far. If any of you know me, I do take heavy loads in school and tend to wait until the last minute. I become an insomniac, living off of coffee in order to finish all of my work and somehow pull it off with decent grades. This semester I have been reading in advance and doing in advance. I find that I do better work and feel a lot better! I'm halfway finished with my paper due on Monday when I would usually be up until 6 am writing a paper and going to school on only a few hours of sleep. This paper is actually fascinating me. I'm writing about the Iraqi War and whether journalism is even objective anymore. It's fun, but I won't bore you with. I'll leave that for the actual paper.

I will close by saying life is beautiful.

Sincerely,
Alexis Zoe




No comments:

Post a Comment