Monday, September 21, 2009

It ain't over, till it's over.


What a wonderfully successful day. I spent a great deal of time in what I consider my "sanctuary". I'll have you all know that my I do have other places I enjoy to go to get my mind off of the daily complications; however, I find the gym to be simply perfection. I finally got myself to go to the gym after procrastinating for a couple of hours. Once I arrived I immediately felt completely thrilled with my decision to force myself to go. I feel as though the gym is a place which people tend to dread going, simply because they know that they are going to work their bodies and initially that can be quite a turn off. When I think about working out I often say "I can't imagine having to go through all of that pain while working out!" Once I actually commence my workout I can't imagine not having done it. I used to be huge into the stationary bikes and elliptical machines. I've since moved on and have fallen in love with running, especially during storms. There's something serene and beautiful about running whilst hearing the pitter patter of the rain drops and thunder roaring through the sky. I typically stop running at about 2.5 miles and try to walk for a bit more. Sometimes, I feel more determined and more into the workout so I'll go the full 3 miles. Today was one of those days. It felt fantastic to run the three miles. I'm proud of myself, my first mile took about 9 minutes, the second about 11, and the final mile 12.5 ish. I've come a long way since I first began working out. The calories section stated that I burned about 400 calories. I totally needed that today! I picked out on tons of vegetables, matzah, and had a few chocolates so it was a much needed! I'm still energetic from the gym, but was able to take some of that energy and put it towards none other than cleaning my silly little room. It always seems like after I work out I become more productive than if I just sit glaring at my computer screen, looking up pointless information on wikipedia. My room looks remarkable compared to earlier! I mean if you put my room on a makeover show that's how crazy the transformation was!
As you can see it looks so much more peaceful. My mind has been put at ease as well as my body. That combination has got to be one of the best a person can experience in one day. That leads me to come to the reasonable conclusion that today has been a wonderful day. My room not only is looking smashing I might say, but it is also smelling wonderful. Seeing as I've already got my fall fragrances out my room is smelling of autumn leaves, with a hint of pecan pie. It is making me even more antsy for fall to come knocking on my door. I look forward to see the transformation, well because of my location. When we moved to the apartment we were lucky enough to not only get a view of the most beautiful city in the world (also known as Chicago), but we also got a view of the forest preserve right next door. I was blessed to get the best of both worlds, which is a rarity. It is now almost 3:00am here in Chicago, and I should really be getting to bed. Despite my urges to sleep, I am going to continue to keep my eyes wide awake in order to read some complex and dense reading. One may find this to be absolutely miserable and grueling, I on the other hand could not be any more excited to end my night. So instead of jipping you entirely of a nice thought out entry I will leave you with some amusing pictures of myself before I ran off and got all sweaty to the gym. I must say, I look awfully silly in workout cloths. Definitely not planning on meeting any hotties at the gym.

I just had to put one where I looked utterly miserable/terrible
and another picture where I looked snazzy and pretty. I'm not going to degrade myself entirely in a single post! Hope you all enjoyed. I'm off to read now, and hopefully I'll update tomorrow! I have tons to do before class. Workout, get more reading done, and then I'm off to class and going for Fondue! Totally excited for that. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

Sincerely,
Alexis Zoe <3

No comments:

Post a Comment