Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stop and Stare.

"I think I'm moving, but I go no where. I know that everyone gets scared. I've become what I can't be. Stop and stare. You stop to wonder why you're here not there. And you'd give anything to get whats fair, but fair ain't what you really need. Oh can you see what I see?"

Oh One Republic, how I have forgotten the beauty of your music. One thing I seem to have let fade away, and forgot the beauty of is Classical musical. Just instrumental music in general. I mean don't get my wrong I love classic rock, rock, indie, just about everything thing in either large or small quantities, but I forgot the power of an instrument. It really is one of the most beautiful experiences your ears can go through. Thank you instrumentalists for helping create the beautiful music we hear on a daily basis and take for granted.

So today was an interesting day. I had a lovely day out with my father. We purchased a printer so that I could kill even more trees printing out my reading assignments for my masters. I am all about going green and saving the earth, but it is near impossible in a masters. It is just too difficult to read something off of a computer screen and fully grasp the concepts. I find that I am the type who needs to highlight in pretty colors and write little side notes to myself for later purposes. After purchasing a new printer that will actually print straight and not slanted. This new printer is a sleek, black lexmark. It is a 5 in one, it makes copies, faxes things, prints pictures fast, prints on a computer, and scans. It is the most cheap versatile printer I have ever crossed in my life. Let's hope it actually works decently. My dad asked if I'd be interested in having a coffee with him. Of course I said yes! I'm not one to reject an offer of coffee. I love both tea and coffee, but grew up on coffee so I tend to be a bit biased towards coffee. Shockingly we went to Starbucks, and I did not choose the usual pumpkin spice during fall. Instead, I had them add caramel sauce and syrup to hot chocolate. It was delightful, though I still miss the Salted Caramel hot chocolate they had last fall. I really wish they'd bring it back, because it was the most delightful hot chocolate I've ever tasted! Mmm. You scrumtious little devil! I always dislike the fact that everything good always seems to have the most calories. It just doesn't seem to be fair! I do enjoy fruits and vegetables though. The colors always get to me they are so vibrant and it makes them yummier to me. I suppose being a vegetarian helps the cause. I hope to start cooking and perhaps trying some vegan yum yum recipes. For those of you who don't know this wonderful blogger, she creates the most delicious looking recipes (I'm sure they taste delicious as well.) Google or Bing her, whichever is your search engine of choice.

Speaking of delicious tonight was my first time ever going to eat some yummy fondue. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. It helped that I had good company as well. For those of you who have not had the privilege of trying fondue I highly suggest it! And for those of you in Chicago you should check out Geja's, especially if you're looking for a romantic getaway. It's a nice dark, elegant atmosphere illuminated by candlelight. We ordered some Pinot Nior red wine and had the chocolate fondue. Fruit and chocolate are pretty much the most lovely combination in the history of man. Not to mention that toasted marshmallows are a nice touch as well. Wine, fondue, and intellectual conversation now that is what I consider the life. I had a wonderful night and can not wait until this weekend when I have great times with my friends. Rush and Division is the most fun area despite the endless amounts of jerks who hit on you. Probably going to the Kit Kat Club with Matthew and a few friends. I've encountered transvestites in my day, but going to view them on my own free will, now that will be an interesting night. Well life is about experiences, and I intend to experience as much as I can before I'm limited.

My room smells like autumn. It is making me feel like a child again, and I can't wait to rake up leaves and jump in them. I don't care how childish that sounds I am going to enjoy my favorite season! Tomorrow (well today at this hour) is the autumn equinox. So it is technically fall finally! Summer will be missed, especially since the heat seemed to have passed over Chicago and went else ware this year. I have oodles to do tonight and tomorrow in order to get fully prepared for my courses these next two days. I'm fully prepared; however, I find that there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to satisfy my needs. Oh and I totally need a job so if anyone has any leads please please please let me know because I am wanting to finally obtain my love (the 3g Iphone of course). If I don't find employment soon I am afraid I will miss out on being united with my love. I wish the Iphone plan wasn't so darn expensive. Oh and I also need a new laptop! Mine is just not doing it's job as well anymore. It's getting a bit old and I have oh so much to write! I really need to get started on finding things to research and actually working on my novel! I have so many plans and I need to start going through with them. At least I have my blog going. I promised myself I'd keep up and I have been successful thus far! Let's hope this keeps up....

One last request, if anyone knows how to view who's following you on here or how to fix my comments? I'm computer savvy, but I'm afraid I'm not blog savvy. I really would like to know who is following me and how I can keep my layout being able to view this as well as have people comment! I find the most crazy feeling to be missing someone you've never met, but can't seem to get out of your mind. It's crazy how our minds totally disregard logic when the heart feels a certain way. Hope you all had a wonderful Monday and welcome Tuesday. Just 3 more days until the weekend. =] Keep your heads up!

So true!

Sincerely,
Alexis Zoe

P.S. Do something good for someone tomorrow. It will make you feel good! Trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment