Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I swear I'll get to the part about Israel

Give me about a week to muster up the courage to write a profound blog post completely related to my experience in Israel. I know most of you are just so excited to hear all about my adventures abroad, but alas I have not had much luck articulating the experience repeatedly. My best suit is writing and I promise that by the end of next week I will produce a coherent and descriptive piece on my experience. Today has been quite productive despite my ankle being limited to nothing but a mere air cast. I'm not quite used to being completely reliant on other people, and the independent creature inside this body is completely and utterly excited to once again rely on only itself.

Today consisted of working and getting caught up on some things in life. Though the break in Israel was nice it left me very much behind in my day to day tasks. There is still much that I would like to get done, but in due time. I can not believe my second year of my PhD is about to begin in about a week. It's invigorating, but also scary. I feel as though I've become one of those lost and confused graduate students that stresses about a slight noise from across the room. I think that Israel changed that aspect of me in the sense that I feel much more relaxed and calm about situations that once caused me to have extreme panic attacks. Life is a beautiful and short time that should be valued. We all have our moments, ups and downs. That I argue is the beauty of life. We have our little up's and downs, but overall life is a wonderful ride that teaches us so much about ourselves. We have the ability to watch ourselves to grow into the people we wish to become. It's a wonderful feeling that I am so grateful for.


I have decided that some changes need to be made in my life. Like I said, Israel was life changing and it cleared up how I view my life. I want to begin doing more art and craft projects and try creating new things I never thought imaginable for myself. I'd love to just continue to dabble in history and create things with that vintage and historical feel. I also like happy and bubbly and at the moment I feel as though I could make more happy items. I also just want to explore and adventure more. I allowed myself to be consumed by a darkness after my mothers passing that didn't seem would ever go away. I forgot that I am still alive and that there is light out there. I want to explore that light and become more like the person I once was. I am beautiful, and I know that I enjoy taking care of my body. I have allowed myself to gain a majority of my weight back, settle for doing things I'm not particularly fond of, and stopped trying and doing new things. I am making a promise to myself that life will change and I will be the Lexy I really believe myself to be. Just posting an update and a promise that Israel stories shall commence shortly.

<3 p="p">Alexis Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment